Frequently asked Questions
Do you provide free quotes?
If you know what you want, and can provide a sketch, measurements, and list of materials you wish to use, we are happy to prepare a free no obligation quote.
What if I can’t provide a sketch or measurements?
No problem, we are happy to come and see you and talk things through. We do charge an hourly rate plus travel to cover our time for site visits.
Why should I work with a master joiner instead of a local hardware store?
Working with a joiner means you can have bespoke, custom made cabinetry designed to fit perfectly into your space. There is nothing modular about our cabinetry. No mass produced modular sized standard cabinets like the ones supplied by hardware stores.
All our cabinets are made to order in our workshop from high quality moisture resistant MDF board, using hinges, runners, and hardware with a lifetime warranty. Our cabinets carry a 5-year workmanship guarantee.
Do you provide free kitchen design quotes?
To prepare a quote for your kitchen, we first need a design and a list of specifications to enable us to provide a price. We are happy to work with your kitchen designer and prepare a free quote if we have all the information to hand.
Do you have an in house kitchen designer I can use?
Yes, we work with Karen from Perfect Order Kitchen Design. She is an independent designer but does contract exclusively to Ladd Joinery. We have produced kitchens for Karen’s clients for the past 5 years. We have a great working relationship with Karen and enjoy meeting her clients. You can view her work and learn more about Perfect Order Kitchen Design here.
What if I want to use a different designer?
No problem at all. We like to work with Perfect Order Kitchen Design because Karen is so organised, and we have streamlined process in place, but we are happy to work with any designer as long as we have all the information required to prepare a quote.
What is the process involved for a new kitchen – where do I begin?
- Contact Perfect Order Kitchen Design. Karen will visit you in your home to carry out a site measure and take a full brief from you about how you imagine your dream kitchen will look. To find out more about Perfect Order Kitchen Design please click here
- Perfect Order Kitchen Design will then work alongside you to design your new kitchen and discuss all the products and materials available so that she can provide a full list of specifications for the joiner to quote from.
- Following acceptance of the quote, another visit is required to carry out a check measure by Ladd Joinery, and a contract prepared and presented to you by Perfect Order Kitchen Design.
- The kitchen is made to measure and manufactured in Tawa at Ladd Joinery. This process normally takes 4-6 weeks in total
- Once your kitchen is fully assembled, you will be invited into the workshop to view it in situ, before it is installed. This is to make sure you are entirely happy with everything and is a good time to make any final tweaks if required.
- On the install day, your kitchen will be delivered by Ladd Joinery and installed by a professional installer. The kitchen installation process normally takes just 1-2 days – depending on the size of your kitchen. Stone benchtops need to be templated, and normally take 10-15 working days to manufacture after your kitchen cabinets have been installed.
- Any new flooring is normally laid after the kitchen cabinets are installed. We make a return visit to fit the toe kicks on completion of new flooring.
- Once the benchtop is on, the final plumbing and electrical work is completed, and any splash backs or tiles can be installed.
- On completion of the installation, a final site inspection is carried out by Perfect Order Kitchen Design and warranty documents issued.
How long will it take to make my kitchen?
It normally takes 4-6 weeks from the date you sign the contract, to the date of installation, depending on the chain of supply from our manufacturers.
Are there any product delays due to Covid-19?
Most products and materials have good stock levels, however we are experiencing some shortages and delays due to supply issues from our manufactures. We will work with you to seek alternatives if this does occur.
How long will I be without a kitchen?
This can vary depending how much work is required after your old kitchen is removed. If you need to plaster and paint the walls, this often takes a week. Maybe you need walls removed or added, or plumbing and electrical work carried out prior to the new kitchen being installed. As a general rule, you can expect to be without a kitchen for 1-2 weeks.
Can you remove my old kitchen and dispose of it?
Yes, our installer will provide this service for you if required.
Do you have your own trades people?
Yes we do. We work with our own plumber, electrician, and builder. However, we are happy to work with your own trades people if you prefer.
Karl & Mariana Wilkinson – Whitby
Karen and Ladd Joinery is a great combination if you are looking for great service, great quality and fair price. We opened up and re-designed our kitchen space. Karen was great at listening to what we wanted. She did her design thinking of our needs and came up with great suggestions along the way.It’s great to be able to support and recommend local business!
Book a Consultation
We are here to help and ready to chat. Please contact us if you would like to book a design consultation. We are based in Tawa beside the medical centre. For general enquiries, please phone us, or pop in to see us